Since 2005, AIdAF has organised the National Congress of Italian Family Businesses inspired by the figure and work of Alberto Falck. It is open to all Italian entrepreneurs, and proposes a topic on which to reflect to promote the growth of companies and the diffusion of an economic culture firmly rooted in the robust ethical values having inspired the birth of many Italian businesses.
During the congress, AIdAF announces the family business winning the Alberto Falck Award, based on specific parameters such as positive economic progress over the past three years, consolidation within international markets, the presence of valid property and business governance systems, as well as active social responsibility programmes.
The AIdAF’s National Congress 2016 was held in Taormina, at San Domenico Palace from the 29th of September to the 1st of October and its theme was: “Family businesses of the future among social integration, digital innovation and family cohesion.”
The next AIdAF’s National Congress will be held in Trieste in autumn 2017.
Previous editions of the AIdAF’s National Congress have been:
- 2015 – Milan – “The family identity in family businesses to enhance innovation and internationalization”
- 2014 – Rome – “The family business of the future: the courage of shared change”
- 2013 – Bologna – “Work design in family business. A contribution to sustainable development”
- 2012 – Verona – “The evolution of the family business: cultural shifts and new strategies”
- 2011 – Genova – “The Italian family business in the ‘New World’”
- 2010 – Florence – “Creating value through culture and art”
- 2009 – Turin – “Family Businesses during and after the crisis”
- 2008 – Naples – “Young people and women: valuable resources for family businesses”
- 2007 – Venice – “The strength of the past; the intelligence of the future”
- 2006 – Rome – “The dimensions and growth of Family Businesses”
- 2005 – Milan – “Current status and future prospects of Family Businesses”